This week, Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to learn that models of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land will soon be on display at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – offering a special look at what’s to come at the park as it continues its exciting transformation.
The One Man’s Dream attraction is currently being reimagined into Walt Disney Presents, which will continue showcasing historic items from Walt Disney’s history. Walt Disney Presents will also act as a preview center where you’ll be able to view concept art, ride vehicle maquettes and a never-before-seen model for Toy Story Land. A portion of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge model also will be on display, as well as concept art for the new Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction.
You’ll be able to view the models starting in mid-September. Visit Jennifer’s story for more details.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Disney PhotoPass Tells Your Super Hero Origin Story During Summer of Heroes at Disney California Adventure Park – This summer the best place on Terra to enjoy heroic encounters is at Disney California Adventure park. During the Summer of Heroes, you’re placed in the center of the action in Hollywood Land, where some of the greatest heroes from across the cosmos have gathered. You’ll not only have the opportunity to meet your favorite heroes during this epic event – you can also unleash YOUR inner hero.
- Cruising with Dad: How I Became a Super Hero to My Kids on a Disney Cruise – With all of the things you can say “yes” to your kids about on a Disney cruise, we often hear from parents that they feel like a super hero during family vacation. Parenting blogger Charlie Capen shared the same sentiment this past Father’s Day while sailing on the Disney Dream with his wife and two sons. Take a look at some of the fun adventures he had with his boys where he got to be part of the fun.
- Disneyland Railroad Engineers Share Excitement for Return of Classic Attraction – The Disneyland Railroad has officially resumed its grand circle tour of Walt Disney’s original Magic Kingdom! The return of this classic attraction has been highly anticipated by Disneyland park fans eager to experience the beautiful new waterfront and updates along the Rivers of America. Among some the most excited fans, in fact, are the cast members who engineer and care for the historic steam engines.
- Be Surrounded by Rich European Culture on the Adventures by Disney Rhine River Cruise – Those looking to be immersed in unparalleled European culture, look no further! From decorating your very own clogs in a waterfront Dutch village to stepping back in time in the famous Heidelberg castle, cruise on down the Rhine River and be surrounded by culture every step of the way!
- Travel Around the World with the runDisney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend Medals – Pack your bags and grab your suitcase as we travel around our world for the start of the Walt Disney World Resort race season! The 2017 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend presented by MISFIT medals have arrived, taking inspiration and elements from the upcoming Epcot International Food & Wine Festival and featuring fun travel-themed designs like a luggage tag, plane ticket and passport.
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Films Stars Talk Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! at Disney California Adventure Park – Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! is a hit with Disney California Adventure park guests, and they are not alone! In the video in the original post, “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” writer and director James Gunn is joined by stars from the hit “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, who all share their excitement for this new attraction.